epike on Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:08:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] linux to solaris x-term

i dont know for solaris
since i did this only on linux (redhat) so i guess
it must be similar:

on linux the process announcing the X logins are
xdm, kdm or gdm .. the config files are in /etc/X11/xdm/
for xdm..(for kdm and gdm the paths are different)
basically the file for allowing remote logins is
Xaccess, there should also be a setting there so
you can also "broadcast" to other hosts.  if i remember
you can configure this to run a "chooser" also (thats
the lists of hosts offering X logins).  You can
list the hosts offering X logins right there also.

on an  X "client" you can issue
X -indirect solaris.box
assuming solaris.box is set up with a chooser.

or as the other poster suggested you can do

X -query solaris.box

to get the login directly from that box (without
going thru the choooser)

note that this is not secure as the other poster
says, everything in cleartext.

this is incomplete, i dont remember the details...

jondz