Paul on Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:33:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] BIND troubleshooting / help

kaze wrote:

I have been updating the serial numbers, I often forget, but then vi right
back in and do it before even testing. For a while I had "notify yes;" lines
in there too, but then found out that that's the default an removed them.

(Keep in mind that I'm not an expert, but I have configured DNS servers. I'm just giving some feedback with the hope that something will help. Hopefully some expert will wake up and start typing.)

How long is the refresh interval? Every so often "slaves" check to see if they need to /pull/ an update.

Did you throw in an "allow-transfer" statement?

I don't know how this works, but according to your reference, if the "slave" fails to contact the "master" before the "expire" period ends, then the "slave" will no longer try to pull the update from that "master" server. Could that have happened?