Stephen Gran on Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:26:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] dsl/directv cable alternatives

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:24:48AM -0400, jeff said:
> I'm getting nailed for Comcast cable (like the rest of their
> customers).  I only have the cable, not the tv.
>
> Since I have DirecTV, I was thinking of going with their net
> connection and have ordered information (their site is worthless).
>
> Cavtel has this interesting package with DSL and unlimited LD/local
> phone for $75/m.  Speed is `up to 960k/960k' (depending on phases of
> the moon, free modem w/online signup, no contract).
>
> I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either service or
> recommendations for something reliable and not terribly expensive.

DCA.net is the best I've found so far.  Friendly, knowledgeable, fast
and cheap.  Also static IP's, no problem running servers (they even
handle DNS for you, if you want).

|  Stephen Gran                  | There is no security on this earth.     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | There is only opportunity.   -- General |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Douglas MacArthur                       |