Kam Salisbury on Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:57:06 -0400

RE: [PLUG] This Box Rocks, but on XP?

> >So... I am wondering. How big of a deal would it be to use
> Debian lets say
> >and get most of the functions of a Tivo device. Maybe even wrap all that
> >customization up on a custom CD distro and offer it to the company for
> >their users?
> >

> Have you seen MythTV?  http://mythtv.org/

No I have not, I checked them out when I read your post... Wow. This is
becoming a "Why Not?" project for me.

-snip
> LCD character modules can be puchased for under $15.  Graphics modules
> might start at about twice that amount.
-snip

I did some additional research after posting and found out that the
MP3/DVD/FM Stereo stuff is not interfaced to the PC part of the unit. The
company basically is housing a very mini stereo system to the PC case and
providing it to manufacturers that want to market a bundled package. They do
make a non-LCD unit with a similar slim line footprint that I may consider
instead.

I have to think more about TV interface, what video card, etc. but the idea
is beginning to take shape and I definitely want to use Debian to do it.

Kam.