Paul on Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:11:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] This Box Rocks, but on XP?

Kam Salisbury wrote:

Have you seen MythTV? http://mythtv.org/

No I have not, I checked them out when I read your post... Wow. This is
becoming a "Why Not?" project for me.

Hook it up!

I did some additional research after posting and found out that the
MP3/DVD/FM Stereo stuff is not interfaced to the PC part of the unit. The
company basically is housing a very mini stereo system to the PC case and
providing it to manufacturers that want to market a bundled package. They do
make a non-LCD unit with a similar slim line footprint that I may consider
instead.

I have an old ISA FM tuner card. I don't see why anyone would really want something like that.

You can relatively easily add the ability to play CD, MP3, Ogg, and DVD formats.

Remote control is something that would be critical. I've heard of some remote control things for PCs. I think Creative Labs has an audio (and more?) remote. Actually, I was about to do a microcontroller project with a TV remote. It would be interesting to have a generic remote control system for a PC.