Adam Turoff on Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:05:50 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Run High School?

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 11:45:20AM -0400, George Gallen wrote:
> no I wasn't referring to the students, I was referring to the school.
> Say, the Year book committee would rather use a Mac for typesetting
> their yearbook, or the science dept would rather have a unix machine.

Students, school, it doesn't matter.  If Microsoft comes down like a ton
of bricks because someone wants to use an iMac or a Linux box, then
Microsoft looks bad, and they're certainly not doing this PR stunt to fan
the flames.  If someone wants to use a competitor's product for purely
petty anti-Microsoft reasons, then the individual is the one who looks bad.

This school is an experiment.

If it fails because of a fragile or insecure infrastructure, it fails.
If it fails because of a draconian business partner, it fails.
If it fails because it uses substandard technology, it fails.
If it fails because it is too expensive, it fails.
If it fails because the software is too complex, it fails.

Bring it on.  Let Microsoft pay to be first and make all of the mistakes.

Z.