eric@lucii.org on Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:48:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting Outsourcing Article...

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:57:56PM -0400, Eugene Smiley wrote:

> Chris Mann wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 19:24, Eugene Smiley wrote:
> >
> >> Don't forget to read the other articles in the issue. Below are
> >> some that I also found to be interesting reads. What is missing
> >> from the pieces are the resources that displaced workers can use,
> >> but since this is an upper management publication it's
> >> understandable.
> >
> > What scares me more is that even if there are resources for
> > displaced workers, I'm not sure that would help. It's rough seeing
> > so many people I know out of work (in the IT sector) and more and
> > more jobs going overseas. Sadly, I don't think any of those jobs
> > that went overseas are coming back.
>
> I agree with all three statements, but it would be nice to feel like I
> can get involved even if it means wearing a sandwich board and a
> tin-foil hat while screaming from a soap-box on a street corner...
>
> Yesterday was my 4th wedding anniversary, and being unemployed 'twas
> not a happy anniversary.
>
> C'est la vie, eh?

Happy anniversary! [Today is my 22nd wedding anniversary :-D]

As an "older" _under_employed IT worker [ my 50th _birthday_ anniversary
is in about 6 weeks :-D] I found this article quite thought provoking:

Eric
--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth