Paul on Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:28:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting Outsourcing Article...

Chris Mann wrote:

What scares me more is that even if there are resources for displaced
workers, I'm not sure that would help. It's rough seeing so many people
I know out of work (in the IT sector) and more and more jobs going
overseas. Sadly, I don't think any of those jobs that went overseas are
coming back.

If the jobs aren't coming back, what's going to happen to Computer Science students when they graduate? Are schools training people to join the under/unemployed? I understand that it's good business for the schools because they're making money, but would it be better for the /country/ to either make jobs available to Americans or to reduce IT training?

Have we moved from the Information Age into the Executive Age, in which there are only peons, executives, and foreign IT professionals? I know that is over simplified considering that we need lawyers.