jeff on Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:47:12 -0400

[PLUG] side perspective on outsourcing

Ok, it has less relevance to linux than the ongoing thread, but what of the backlash?

More often than not, when I call Dell or some other company for service, the voice on the other end of the phone is heavily accented.  Sometimes it is difficult to converse with the person, which makes my job more difficult (and some of the people are in Austin, TX).

I am making no statement on accents but what of the people who do?  Joe Whitebread is starting to get pretty pissed off about this.  I'm wondering if this will have any effect on the situation.

As a country, we dug our own grave here.  Ok, WE didn't personally, but there's no shortage of legislation allowing companies as well as jobs to go Elsewhere.  Follow the money.