Paul on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:38:13 -0400

[PLUG] Firewall Check

Request for scan:

My current IP address is

   68.46.172.168

Will someone please do a port scan or security scan against my
firewall?  I just threw together a firewall using the "Shoreline
Firewall" utility.  Some simple config file changes and I now have 4 1/2
printed pages of iptables rules.  I'd like to know if the rules are at
least providing basic protection from the Internet.

The internal LAN (one PC) is trusted and masqueraded.

On the wireless side (one laptop) all I have is MAC and IP verification
to limit access.  Otherwise, the wireless network is trusted and
masqueraded.  I'm hoping to further limit access to VPN traffic.  I'm
assuming 128-bit WEP is almost pointless. (?)

http://www.shorewall.net/
http://hostap.epitest.fi/
http://www.freeswan.org/