Paul on Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:01:51 -0400

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [PLUG] Where to buy hobbyist electronics parts?

kaze wrote:

I want to build a mixing board. Three inputs and three outputs with a 1/8"
plug and logarithmic stereo slider for each. One input from my desktop, one
from my laptop, and one aux; one output to my speakers, one to headphones,
and one aux.

So you want a mixer with built-in amplification? There are some nice mixer circuits out on the Web.

Any EE types able to tell me if I need zeners to keep the flow one way, if
that's even the right component name, and what size to get for audio use?

The only application that I know of for a Zener diode is voltage regulation. A regular diode will only allow current flow in one direction, but I doubt that is what you're looking for. I really don't know what you have in mind. Could you be a little more specific?

Philadelphia Linux Users Group        --
Announcements -
General Discussion  --