Paul on Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:35:28 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Self-certifying File System

John Fiore wrote:

Have you thought about just running NFS over IPSec?

I think I read something about Portmapper being an obstacle to tunneling NFS. ?

If you have the access, what about setting up a VPN with FreeS/WAN?

FreeS/WAN has an interesting feature called "opportunistic encryption". Quote: 'OE enables you to set up IPsec tunnels without co-ordinating with another site administrator, and without hand configuring each tunnel. If enough sites support OE, a "FAX effect" occurs, and many of us can communicate without eavesdroppers.' http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/CURRENT-TREE/doc/quickstart.html