Stephen Gran on Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:40:30 -0400

Re: [PLUG] jumpy mouse

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 08:44:05AM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> After wiping Redhat from a machine and installing debian stable, I'm
> seeing random mouse events: the mouse cursor jumps across the screen,
> selections appear and disappear, menus become activated by phantom
> clicks. This is not only inconvenient, it is dangerous. (Random text
> pasted in xterms is bad.)
>
> I've tried changing mice, thinking the mouse just happened to go
> bad. But that didn't solve the problem.
>
> Any thoughts on what to try next?

This sounds like a bad mouse/XF86Config combination - can you send what
kind of mouse it is, and what you have in XF86Config about the mouse?
Some of them want very specific protocols, and play badly if it's wrong.

Talk to you later,
|  Stephen Gran                  | In Christianity, a man may have only    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | one wife.  This is called Monotony.     |