Alex Birch on 8 Oct 2003 01:26:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux vs. Windows Viruses

Paul wrote:

If we don't use scanners, how do we know that there isn't already a stealthly virus currently on our systems? I guess there is FUD either way!

Check your logs and use tripwire. I actually created a script for debian users called apt-irs which will do an md5sum of all the binaries and let you know if they've been modified. If they have, then it will go and reinstall the given application.

I know Lindows gives people anti-virus software because people want it. Just like when I had a dead bolt in the middle of Utah.

Cheers,
Alex