W. Chris Shank on 11 Oct 2003 20:27:02 -0000

[PLUG] Fedora Linux

I've been testing Fedora Linux (Severn 0.94 Beta 2) for a few weeks now
and I am thoroughly impressed. What has been most shocking is the
interface responsiveness. If anyone ever tells you that the Linux
interface is slow compared to Windows, take them for a test drive of
Fedora.

I'm actually impressed with Gnome on this one. So much so, I find myslef
leaning to it more than KDE (and I am a ling time KDE user). I suppose
it's more to do with them putting more emphasis on a good Gnome
experience than a good KDE experience. It's a good experience none the
less.

ACPI is supported, thought turned off (acpi=on in grob.conf). On my
centrino laptop, turning on ACPI get the sound and PCMCIA slots working,
but the fan kicks into high gear and brings the system to a crawl. I've
been researching how to fix this - looks like a new DSDT should cure it.
Chris

--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC