Jon Nelson on 15 Oct 2003 10:01:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] ftp over ssh

Mental Patient said:
> Jon Nelson wrote:
>> I have been trying to get this to work and it is driving me crazy.
>>
>> I can ftp using any client not over ssh.
>>
>> When using Putty I create a local port forward and try to ftp I can
>> login,
>> cd, put, get, but ls does not work.
>>
>> Since I can ftp no prob without ssh I don't think it is my firewall.
>>

> You sure you're in passive mode? It very well could be the firewall if a
> connection is trying to be made from the remote server back to you when
> you list files.

Yep. Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Use passive ftp...(something like
that) in Internet Exploiter.  Also ncftp uses passive by default.

If it were the firewall it wouldn't work without the ssh tunnel.

Jon

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation