W. Chris Shank on 19 Oct 2003 11:06:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Transfer REALLY large file(s) between Linux and OS X

I was able to transfer the 28G file from a 500Mhz Dual P3 machine to a
73Mhz G4 OS X Firewire attached drive using scp (from CLI) in about 1
1/2 hours. I started to use sftp via transmit - but it estimated the
transfer taking 53 hours.

My load on the servers was light - but I did still use the P3 box during
this time and didn't notice any problems - even as i was making the
tarball.

--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC