Jon Nelson on 4 Nov 2003 15:01:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: [PLUG]Debian install WAS RH EOL

I appreciate the gesture but I have a speaking engagement tomorrow and
can't make it.

Jon

LeRoy Cressy said:

> Hi Jon,
>
> I will bring a set of Debian testing CD's to tomorrow night's meeting if
> you will be there.
>
> Also I suggest a kernel compile that might work for you.
>
> Jon Nelson wrote:
>> Leroy,
>>
>> Thanks for the offer.  I have been struggling with it all day.
>>
>> My main problem is that my NIC (Intel PRO/1000 XT) is not being
>> recognized.  Therefore I can't do a net install.  I have CDs but they
>> are
>> 2.2.
>>
>> I did install 2.2 and then downloaded the driver from Intel.  When I
>> tried
>> to compile the driver I got an error about version.h being missing.
>> Some
>> addtional reading indicated that the source and the current config had
>> match or it would not compile.  So it looks like I hve to compile a
>> kernel
>> just to get this driver to install.
>>
>> Am I going about this the wrong way?  It just seems that it should not
>> be
>> this difficult.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> LeRoy Cressy said:

> - --
> Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
>                         http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )
>                         Phone:  215-535-4037        > ^ <
>
> gpg fingerprint:  62DE 6CAB CEE1 B1B3 359A  81D8 3FEF E6DA 8501 AFEA
>
> For info on enigmail:    http://lrcressy.com/linux/mozilla.pdf
> For info on gpg:         http://www.gnupg.org/
>
> Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
> no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Computer Crimes Unit
Work: 610.344.4471 Cell/Page: 866.284.1603
jonelson@state.pa.us