Chris on 4 Nov 2003 15:02:02 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Re: [PLUG]Debian install WAS RH EOL

Whats tomorrows meeting about? Also, where is it hosted? I would like to
come out.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of LeRoy Cressy
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 2:54 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Re: [PLUG]Debian install WAS RH EOL

Hi Jon,

I will bring a set of Debian testing CD's to tomorrow night's meeting if

you will be there.

Also I suggest a kernel compile that might work for you.

Jon Nelson wrote:
> Leroy,
>
> Thanks for the offer.  I have been struggling with it all day.
>
> My main problem is that my NIC (Intel PRO/1000 XT) is not being
> recognized.  Therefore I can't do a net install.  I have CDs but they
are
> 2.2.
>
> I did install 2.2 and then downloaded the driver from Intel.  When I
tried
> to compile the driver I got an error about version.h being missing.
Some
> addtional reading indicated that the source and the current config had
> match or it would not compile.  So it looks like I hve to compile a
kernel
> just to get this driver to install.
>
> Am I going about this the wrong way?  It just seems that it should not
be
> this difficult.
>
> Jon
>
> LeRoy Cressy said:

- --
Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                        http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )
                        Phone:  215-535-4037        > ^ <

gpg fingerprint:  62DE 6CAB CEE1 B1B3 359A  81D8 3FEF E6DA 8501 AFEA

For info on enigmail:    http://lrcressy.com/linux/mozilla.pdf
For info on gpg:         http://www.gnupg.org/