Bob Schwier on 18 Nov 2003 17:39:03 -0500

Re: top-replies was Re: [PLUG] kernel parameters

I'm going to commit the sin in question.  There is a reason to do it
this way.  1.  If the person reading the reply needs info from the
original, it's there. 2.  If the individual doesn't need it, he
or she can get the new info and delete quickly.  3.  Some of us
have precious little time to get through the messages.
If the message is purely text, this is not really a creator of
bandwidth problems.  The problem comes from those messages include
attachments.
bs