sloopy malibu on 19 Nov 2003 11:37:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] software choice

On 11/18/03 23:42, "Paul" <emailme@dpagin.net> wrote:

> You want opposition, talk to my wife!  If I mention software that is
> free, functional, and gives her a choice we usually end up yelling at
> each other.  (I know, it really has nothing to do with computers; there
> is a underlying issue.)

I just mention linux and this happens with mine... Just for her I have to
run OS X on my machine (or what I thought was my machine... I guess when you
buy something before you were together it still doesn¹t make it yours :'/ )

As for the overall 'attitude' on this subject I find it disheartening... It
was the reason I stopped playing with an apple IIgs I had found a few years
ago... The nice thing about computers today is you have your own... With
fully functional development systems to create things as you want them... If
others agree with the direction you are going with your project then
great... Linux in general... Linus found something he didn¹t like i.e.
Decent OS for (then) current microcomputers, and instead of bitching whining
and complaining made what he wanted... Same could be applied here... It
seems that the person in the hot seat has the intellegence to do this (as I
look at the interesting 'joke' he performed in '02) but for some reason
doesn¹t... Hmmm I dunno...

sloopy.

Macintosh - Think Different
Linux on a Macintosh - Think VERY Different
"I used to think bill gates was the biggest asshole in america until I met
my father-in-law..."         -sloopy