Rebecca Ore on 21 Nov 2003 06:23:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Advice on printer purchase?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:36:30PM -0500, Mitch Maltenfort (mmalten@comcast.net) wrote:

> Linux: Debian 'testing', kept up-to-date.
>
> Hardware: IBM Thinkpad R32.
>
> Needs: good quality text & some line art.
>
> Asking for: advice on printer models  that will cost me a minimum of grief
> to get working with my system.

If it has a USB port, I can recommend the HP 1012.  Call it an HP
Laserjet 5L when installing the filter if you're using CUPS, if I
remember my installation correctly.  It is small, prints circa 14 pages
a minute, and has 8 MB RAM memory.   And eats lower quality paper than
the 5L I had for since 1997.

Around $240 with USB cable from Staples.  I prefer lasers for printing
text and it should do acceptable line art.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://mysite.verizon.net/rebecca.ore