Paul on 25 Nov 2003 11:35:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] CUPS setup and port confusion

Ben Dugan wrote:

I'm struggling with a CUPS printer setup. My computer has the address 192.168.1.9. I've disabled its firewall (I think) by running /etc/init.d/ipchains stop.

If I put this url in a browser I do in fact get the CUPS admin screen:
  http://localhost:631/admin

But the following url does not work (Forbidden:You don't have permission to access the resource on this server):
http://192.168.1.9:631/admin

The /var/log/httpd log files show the working access but show no sign of the rejected one, so I guess its being rejected at a lower level. But I'm at a loss where that might be.

If it's a newer distribution maybe you need to disable iptables; ipchains is old school. Try leaving the "/admin" part off.