Paul on 25 Nov 2003 14:01:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] CUPS setup and port confusion

Ben Dugan wrote:

     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all
     Allow from 127.0.0.1

Aha: Thanks!  That does it.

I had read this, and had commented it out in cups.conf, _but_ not on the machine I have later switched to testing it on! Doh!

Great. It must have been obvious that I haven't worked with CUPS much, but I'm all about the process. I'm glad I could help you help your self.

BTW, CUPS seems to keep its own logs under /var/log/cups instead of /var/log/httpd. I believe CUPS uses its own embedded Web server. (Embedded might not be the correct word to use.)