Mike Leone on 2 Dec 2003 15:48:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Problems removing gnome-session2 from Debian testing

LeRoy Cressy (ldc@lrcressy.com) had this to say on 12/02/03 at 15:22:

> Hi Mike,
>
> see if the deb file is in /var/cache/apt/archive/

Nope

> apt-get --download-only gnome-session2

apt-get --download-only gnome-session2
E: Invalid operation gnome-session2

You need an "install" there, apparently. Which gives me ...

root@handyman:/var/cache/apt/archives# apt-get install --download-only gnome-session2
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
gnome-session2 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 41 not upgraded.

root@handyman:/var/cache/apt/archives# aptitude download gnome-session2
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information... Done
E: I wasn't able to locate a file for the gnome-session2 package. This might
mean you need to manually fix this package. (due to missing arch)