John Fiore on 2 Dec 2003 20:33:02 -0500

[PLUG] mounting digital camera storage

I just started using a particular digital camera with
SuSE 9.  As soon as you plug usb cable into the
machine and turn the camera's power on, a camera icon
appears on the desktop, and I can view my images,
which is great.

However, I can't seem to get access to the camera
except through Konqueror.  Even though the camera's
storage is accesible through Konqueror, I don't see it
mounted anywhere.  If I do a df, it doesn't show up.

If I try to mount using something like mount -t vfat
/dev/sda1 /camera, I get "not a valid block device".
usb-storage is installed.  I'm not sure at all what's
going on.

I have no trouble mounting external usb drives.

Any ideas?