eric@lucii.org on 2 Dec 2003 23:32:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mounting digital camera storage

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:32:39PM -0800, John Fiore wrote:
> I just started using a particular digital camera with
> SuSE 9.  As soon as you plug usb cable into the
> machine and turn the camera's power on, a camera icon
> appears on the desktop, and I can view my images,
> which is great.
>
> However, I can't seem to get access to the camera
> except through Konqueror.  Even though the camera's
> storage is accesible through Konqueror, I don't see it
> mounted anywhere.  If I do a df, it doesn't show up.
>
> If I try to mount using something like mount -t vfat
> /dev/sda1 /camera, I get "not a valid block device".
> usb-storage is installed.  I'm not sure at all what's
> going on.
>
> I have no trouble mounting external usb drives.
>
> Any ideas?

look at your /var/log/messages when you plug in the camera... there
should be a line that tells you what device you just plugged in.  I'd
guess that it's trying to make it a SCSI device like /dev/sc0 or
something similar.

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth