Paul on 3 Dec 2003 00:59:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mounting digital camera storage

eric@lucii.org wrote:

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:32:39PM -0800, John Fiore wrote:

However, I can't seem to get access to the camera
except through Konqueror.  Even though the camera's
storage is accesible through Konqueror, I don't see it
mounted anywhere.  If I do a df, it doesn't show up.

look at your /var/log/messages when you plug in the camera... there
should be a line that tells you what device you just plugged in. I'd
guess that it's trying to make it a SCSI device like /dev/sc0 or
something similar.

Instead of "df" try "mount" which lists all mounted devices.

Run "tail -f /var/log/messages " before plugging the camera in. That way any entries will show up immediately. Something might also show up in dmesg.