Stephen Gran on 4 Dec 2003 21:07:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Red Hat dial-in support question

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:26:10AM -0500, Chris Fearnley said:
> Does any one know the secret for getting Red Hat's kppp to work?  Or
> know what to use instead?  Or interested in volunteering to help an
> end user who doesn't know what he is doing?

I never managed to make kppp work for me - I just use standard pon and
poff when I'm forced to from work or somewhere.  There is a (GNOME?  I
think so) applet that interfaces it nicely in a GUI, and maybe between
Redhat's bluecurve thing and KDE and GNOME now both being
freedesktop.org compliant (at least supposedly) the applet may be
portable.  I don't know that, though - I assume they still use different
toolkits, which may make it harder than it has to be.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Drinking coffee for instant relaxation? |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | That's like drinking alcohol for        |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | instant motor skills.   -- Marc Price   |