Martin DiViaio on 4 Dec 2003 21:08:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Ports needed to use Samba or MS networking functions

Make sure you have opened BOTH tcp and udp protocols on ports 137-139.

Port 445 (BOTH tcp and udp). Be aware that 445 is also how the Blaster
worm gets in.

There is also port 1512 (Again, both tcp and udp). This is the WINS port.
You probably don't need it since WINS is not a required protocol.