Stephen Gran on 7 Dec 2003 11:28:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Debian - GNOME seems to have disappeared ...

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 07:53:35PM -0500, Michael Leone said:
> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 08:43, Martin DiViaio wrote:
>
> > > Way back in the day, I know you could kick up the GNOME Control
> > > Center by executing "gnomecc", and choose a WM there, but
> > > apparently that doesn't exist anymore.
> >
> > The Control Center is now just a link in Nautilus.

Double check the version of nautilus (apt-cache show nautilus) - make
sure it's 2.x.  There was a brief moment in unstable where there was
nautilus and nautilus2, but nautilus2 went away when the rest of gnome
went in, and nautilus was just moved to version 2.x.

Packaging cruft - it's sometimes necessary, but it is a pain when you
get the leftovers.

|  Stephen Gran                  | You can't go home again, unless you set |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | $HOME.                                  |