Stephen Gran on 19 Dec 2003 19:30:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Debian sarge and korganizer

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 04:02:47PM -0500, Jon Nelson said:
> I have been trying to install korganizer but everytime I try ap-get I get
> the following error:

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=212933

On the upside, a new set of kde packages made the dinstall run, and hit
sid, tonight.  If no major bugs are found in the next 5 or 10 days, the
whole mess of fixed packages will migrate into sarge then.  I would say
for now, just let it be.

> That would be a downgrade since I am using kdelibs4.  Am I looking in the
> wrong place for the package?
>
> Here is my /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

This is where kde2 (i.e., kdelibs3 - I don't understand the naming
scheme either.)  Running sarge is a tough gambit sometimes - security
foritis not officially supported by Debian, so you try to use
security.d.o as a fallback, but sometimes security updates don't get
automatically pulled in, because the security package has a version >
woody but < sarge.  I would recommend instead of using security.d.o in
sources.list, follow debian-security-announce, and manually wget and
dpkg -i the debs mentioned in advisories, or get the newer versions from
sid.  I do not speak for Debian here, juts from experience trying to
manage the mix.

|  Stephen Gran                  | BOFH excuse #390:  Increased sunspot    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | activity.                               |