Art Clemons on 19 Dec 2003 22:02:02 -0500

[PLUG] Logitech PS2/USB Marble Mouse & X

I've recently purchased a Logitech PS/2-USB Marble Mouse, which looks and acts much like a trackball (It's also relatively cheap, it runs about $20 at places like Staples). It functions quite well as a PS/2 mouse, so so as a USB mouse, but I haven't yet figured out how to use the two small buttons on the sides as the equivalent of scroll buttons. I've tried things like configuring in ZAxixMapping "2 4" but I get the equivalent of a left-click rather than the desired activity. It's frustrating although not a real emergency since it functions as the equivalent of a mouse in the real world, but it would be nice to duplicate what's possible in the world of panes from MS. Anyone got any suggestions, tricks or suggestions of where to look. Google is not of much assistance.