Dayton Gray on 23 Dec 2003 15:28:02 -0500

[PLUG] Debian + Exim help

I am wondering if someone might have an idea as to a slowness problem I am
having with Exim running on Debian stable. Whenever I telnet to port 25 from
an outside network, there is a decent delay before I get the Exim prompt to
send mail (about 30 seconds or so). It works fine on the server itself and
various DNS lookups to anything are very quick. Here are some troubleshooting
steps I've taken:

I have commented out the host_lookup line in the configuration file and set
my firewall rules to reject all requests on port 113 (ident). I have run the
daemon with -d to help debug (this did not show anything of interest).

Any help would be appreciated.

Dayton
dgray at omnio . com