Stephen Gran on 23 Dec 2003 21:38:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mutt and high-ascii punctuation

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 09:50:32AM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> When I reply to mail, but, oddly, not when I forward it, some high
> ascii punctuation is rendered as octal rather than the right symbol.
> For example, apostrophe is \222; quotes and dashes are also sometimes
> rendered in octal.

No answers, just letting you know you're not alone.  Outlook and aol - I
think it's some MS slanted single quote character.

Ah well.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Blore's Razor:  Given a choice between  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | two theories, take the one which is     |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | funnier.                                |