Kevin Brosius on 24 Dec 2003 08:12:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Suse Network Install on a Laptop

Alex wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed SuSE via network install with a
> PCMCIA? The card is a belkin 6020 Version two and according to multiple
> websites it has been supported within the linux kernel since 2.4.19.

I had some trouble with SuSE 9.0 on a Sony laptop with PCMCIA and a
CDROM PCMCIA drive.  But that doesn't sound like what you are seeing,
unless SuSE is locking up the laptop during the boot process.  Which
version of SuSE?  What are you seeing?

I usually start looking at the suse-linux-e (english) mailing list for
initial help with installs.  It's archived here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&w=2 .  The search will
cover only the suse english list if used from that page.

--
Kevin