Kevin Brosius on 24 Dec 2003 18:23:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Suse Network Install on a Laptop

John wrote:
> You've probably already done this, but I just wanted
> to check that you're also using the modules disk
> after booting. I haven't needed to use it for the
> last couple of versions of SuSE, and I don't even know
> if it still exists in version 9, but it might be
> necessary to get the pcmcia drivers.

Yeah, but thanks for the tip.  I was able to cleanly boot the install CD
on that system, however, probing of the PCMCIA devices causes the system
to lock up (the modules are included in the CD boot process.)  It looks
like a PCMCIA chipset/kernel problem at this point, or may actually be
bad hardware.  I moved to a network install after about a day of trials,
as that machine had on board ethernet which bypassed the PCMCIA bridge.

--
Kevin