Michael Lazin on 28 Dec 2003 13:54:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] linux hard drive troubles

I tried cfdisk and I got the same problem.  Curiously, hda2 and hdb1, my
new hard drive, look the same.  The new hard drive is a brand new 40 gig
drive.  It is set as the slave.  What is going on here?

[root@localhost michael]# df -h /dev/hdb1
/dev/hdb1             3.5G  1.9G  1.5G  55%
[root@localhost michael]# df -h
/dev/hda2             3.5G  1.9G  1.5G  55% /
/dev/hda1              99M   14M   80M  15% /boot
none                   94M     0   94M   0% /dev/shm

Thanks,

Michael