sean finney on 9 Jan 2004 06:19:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] grabbing registry entries of ms machines from linux

hi kam,

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 05:44:29PM -0500, Kam Salisbury wrote:
> Sean, using the correct modules from their respective repositories, you can
> access the remote registry service of any windows 2000 or better machine via
> perl or python. I am unsure if you need the perl or python environment on
> the win32 end or not.

would you happen to know what perl modules those were?  the only one
i could find only worked on windows machines.  also, i don't really
have control over installing perl on the client machines, as they are
mostly personal computers joined to a common domain but not directly
administered by me.

i have been messing around with regedit/rpcclient from the samba-tng
project, which looks like it might work, and i found some kind of
wacky erlang program that might do it too.  we'll see tomorrow :)

thanks,
	sean