John Lavin on 21 Jan 2004 03:01:02 -0000

[PLUG] New thinkpad with sarge

Whew- Not too difficult.  Got my Thinkpad R40 in the mail tonight and I
took this opportunity to try out the beta 2 of the sarge installer.

I was able to get through ok - autodetected my hardware, loaded the
modules for the e100 network card, and I was on the net pulling down all
the base packages.

I've got the base system set up and trying to get kde running from sarge
- no such luck.  Are the packages for kde broken in sarge or something?

I've noticed one thing that is going to make me absolutely freakin
scream:  the escape key is banished way up out of reach.  I keep hitting
F1.  Arrrgh!!!

--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :