Will Dyson on 25 Jan 2004 20:24:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New thinkpad with sarge

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 11:01, John Lavin wrote:
> Yes I am - my main box is nat'ed firewall connected directly to my dsl
> modem.
>
> I can run iptables commands before or after the gShield configuration
> runs and it sounds like I need to un-block after the config runs, right?

I'm not familiar with gShield. Might there be a variable/switch you can
set to indicate that you don't want those IPs blocked?

If not, I would seriously consider using a different firewall script.
I've been using fiaif (there is a debian package, also
http://www.fiaif.net/) for a while now.

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman