Will Dyson on 25 Jan 2004 20:56:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Threads

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 12:22, FloydLJohnsonIII@aol.com wrote:
> Is pthreads still the standard for multi-threaded Linux apps, or did
> some other library take its place?

Depends what you mean by standard, I guess. It is still the POSIX
standard threading API. So you can count on it being there in some form
on any POSIX platform. But as far as linux is concerned, it is not
special. It is just one among many different wrappers for the underlying
system calls.

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman