eric@lucii.org on 26 Jan 2004 23:19:02 -0000

[PLUG] Mutt - tagging messages

I'm a happy mutt user but I've found a function that I cannot perform
easliy in mutt and wondered if anyone else had solved this.

Some mail boxes get really large (PLUG, for one).  I'd like to tag the
first 1000 messages and move them to "lists/old/plug".  I cannot find a
way to do that.  There is tag, tag matching, tag thread, and tag
subthread.  Currently, I start on message 1 and hold the "t" key until I
get enough messages.  Alternatively, I tag them all ".*" then untag the
last 1000 in a similar fashion.

Anybody have any experience dealing with this?

TIA

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth