christophe barbe on 27 Jan 2004 18:03:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mutt - tagging messages

I use the following macro to delete mails marked as read but not flagged
and older than 7 days:

macro index A "<tag-pattern>~d>7d\n<untag-pattern>~F|~D\n;<delete-message>$"

Be aware that if you have 0 unread unflagged mail older than 7 days, the
current mail will de deleted (last time i checked mutt did not provided
a conditional test).

Christophe

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 08:04:42AM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> I'm a happy mutt user but I've found a function that I cannot perform
> easliy in mutt and wondered if anyone else had solved this.
>
> Some mail boxes get really large (PLUG, for one).  I'd like to tag the
> first 1000 messages and move them to "lists/old/plug".  I cannot find a
> way to do that.  There is tag, tag matching, tag thread, and tag
> subthread.  Currently, I start on message 1 and hold the "t" key until I
> get enough messages.  Alternatively, I tag them all ".*" then untag the
> last 1000 in a similar fashion.
>
> Anybody have any experience dealing with this?
>
> TIA
>
> Eric
>
> --
> #  Eric Lucas
> #     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
> #      And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings...
> #                             -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.

Cats are intented to teach us that not everything in nature has a
function. --Garrison Keillor