Arthur S. Alexion on 27 Jan 2004 17:15:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] WARNING!!!

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 11:22 am, LeRoy Cressy wrote:

> Hi Arthur,
>
> If you are not running enigmail when you are using Mozilla then there
> will be no indication on whether the message is signed or not.  On the
> other hand enigmail will report is the signature is either good, bad, or
> untrusted good signature.
>
> I just updated the enigmail howto with support for mozilla 1.5 and above
> which also included Thunderbird.
>
> See below for link

Thanks, LeRoy.  Walt's problem with someone forging his address, hardly new or
unique, has finally pushed me to learn and use GPG and to start using
signatures.  I've been signing PDFs using Adobe's built-in signature
technology (I have a 'p7c' signature.) but haven't been able to learn how to
use that signature with email and othere documents.

I downloaded two GUI front ends for GPG (kgpg & gpa) and am trying to install
them in hopes that they help me learn GPG.  Once I generate keys, I plan to
install enigmail so I appreciate the how-to.