Pablo Tao Virgo on 2 Feb 2004 01:58:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] newbie

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 06:25, bryan_t06@yahoo.com wrote:

It is likely that if you are installing from .tar.gz files you will need
to get used to doing things via the command line (typing commands), so
do follow the previous posts that mentioned "tar -zxf ..." You may also
find File Roller (http://fileroller.sourceforge.net) useful. From the
looks of things, if it did not come with your installation media (you
don't have a prepared copy) you'll have to at least try out the tar
command to install it, but I find this program useful for "light"
archiving.

Hope that helps.
~Pablo