Jason on 4 Feb 2004 21:08:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Laser printer repair recommendation

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 10:28 am, Art Alexion wrote:
> I need a recommendation for a repair person for an HP5si.  It's a real
> workhorse, but has problems with manual feed since I tried feeding it
> too thick an envelope :-[

I believe that UBM Computer Services in Upper Darby, PA does service HP
printers. I don't know how good they are at printer repair. I'm working with
them to get my Sony notebook computer fixed. Too early to report good or bad
on that as well.

> It has also recently started printing a dirty gray band on the bottom
> quarter of the page.
>
> I have had two repair persons try to fix the manual feed with poor
> results.  For a while it magically healed itself, but has relapsed.

I asked them about HP printer repair because my wife's HP Photosmart printer
is having an occasional problem physically locking up. It also seems to
magically heal itself for a few days here and there.

If you are interested, their contact info is:
UBM Computer Services
45 Long Lane
Upper Darby, PA 19082
610.352.1444
ubm@icdc.com

Good luck,
Jason Nocks
--
XP/Agile Coach, Mentor, and Software Engineer
SourceXtreme, Inc.