Michael C. Toren on 9 Feb 2004 13:47:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Jeff's own paranoia

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 08:24:00AM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> > Something that he signed...
>
> I signed David's key (having met him, verified id, exchanged arbitrary
> text strings, etc.), and mutt reports (at the top)
>
>   gpg: Signature made Sat 07 Feb 2004 02:10:40 PM EST using DSA key ID 49E1CBC9
>   gpg: Good signature from "David M. Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com>"
>
> but at the bottom of the message mutt provides the warning
>
>   PGP signature could NOT be verified.

Perhaps your mutt $pgp_good_sign variable is misconfigured?  The
documentation has this to say about it:

    If you assign a text to this variable, then a PGP signature is only
    considered verified if the output from $pgp_verify_command contains
    the text. Use this variable if the exit code from the command is 0
    even for bad signatures.

What does ":set ?pgp_good_sign" in mutt return?

-mct