Bob Schwier on 10 Feb 2004 20:02:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VoiceNet Rumors?

I always have a problem with this.
Nuance matters here.  Pictures posted by, say, American naturalists or
African !Kung tribesmen will show naked people including children doing
nothing more than normal things and smiling for the camara without their
clothes on.  Pervs are simply pervs and will salivate over those same
pictures.
Without a human to judge every correspondence, who has some sense of
perspective (rare), how do you guarantee proper protections?
Remember also the gentleman from the Who, who was according to his
statement, looking (morbidly) for images of himself being abused as
a child.
bs