Paul on 14 Feb 2004 21:24:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Embeding Fontsin Web Pages

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

The name of the Bitstream technology currently escapes me, and I know that the stuff is available on a web site named after the technology. You may be able to find it on Bitstream's main site. Meanwhile I'll try booting into the windows partition on the old machine I used at the time, and see if I can get better names for you.

BTW, if you find the site, it uses the fonts, so you will see if your current browser supports them. (Actually, I'd be interested whether mozilla and konqueror support them, myself.

http://truedoc.com/

Using Internet Explorer 6 I'm prompted to install the "Bitstream WebFont Player". After a couple seconds I can see fancy fonts like Snow Cap.

No go for Bitstream Truedoc fonts in Mozilla 1.5 or 1.6. WEFT doesn't work in Mozilla either.